Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Going into Overtime!

Well, the last play of the game didn't happen.  Today I went to my orthodontist expecting to have him remove all my buttons and attachments, and order my retainer.  Instead, I signed up for some refinement trays.  I figure I've come this far I might as well try to get the most yardage I can. So, they took new impressions, and once my refinement trays are in I will establish the new end game. It may be four to five more months of wearing the trays (8 -10 refinement trays), followed by six months of full-time retainer wear.  

I did get my funny tentacles, as my husband called them, removed.  I then proceeded to go to my regular dentist for my six month cleaning.  If feels good to be able to run my tongue over smooth, clean teeth.  I guess I should savor this for the next several weeks while my new trays are being designed. I may need to have some new attachments put on for those trays.  I'll have to wait and see.

I was hoping to be done with this process by my 53rd birthday in November. I guess I will have to find a new Birthday gift!   

Dr. "Win" is hoping to still move the two teeth on both sides of my two front teeth.  

So let overtime begin.  I'm still short of the initial treatment plan that had a lot more trays, so I can be thankful for that!  

Attachments at the beginning stage
Look no funny attachments
They are smoother and cleaner!


The "Almost there" me!

Still smiling,
Sylvia






No comments:

Post a Comment